Monday, March 25, 2013

Trusting in the One who made the moon, sun and stars.


"It is a safe thing to trust Him to fulfill the desires He has created."
 -Amy Carmichael 

"Life is too short for us to do everything we want to do; 
but it is long enough for us to do everything God wants us to."
 -Anonymous 
       
       Sometimes I get so anxious to pick up and go to Africa. I think about how I'm not guaranteed tomorrow so I need to hustle up and get over there now because if the Lord comes back or something happens to me I want to have been able to served there for as long as possible. I struggle with being content with where the Lord has me now. I'll go a few weeks doing good, thinking about how everywhere is a mission field and I need to rejoice and "bloom where I'm planted"now. But, then there are other weeks where I'm as restless as a toddler in a church service. I just want to Go.The Lord has really used these two quotes above to speak to me and help me trust in Him and His timing. 
        Occasionally, in high school I would get so anxious and excited for college. Looking back now I think, man, I should have enjoyed my time more in high school! It goes by so fast! I don't want to be so eager to get to the mission field that I don't enjoy the time the Lord is blessing with me nowIf I'm not content now I won't be content then. Some days are easier to be content then others.  Those difficult, discontented days are such a blessing though, because they always bring me closer to the Lord. Depending on His strength and joy, because mine are non existent. 
         Looking back over my journal I see where I listed all the things I would love to do in life, some things are really big like working with women trapped in sex trafficking in India, some things are smaller like having mine and all my sibling's kids play on a basketball team together (they would dominate!) and some things are just plain random like ride a horse across Montana and bike in Australia. The list is kinda long, a little over a page and I know that I won't be able to do everything that I want to do, but I'm okay with that as long as I'm able to do everything the Lord has planned for me. His plans are going to be crazy better than anything I could dream up. So even if not a thing on my list gets done, as long as His will is done, I'll be happy and praise His holy name. 
             Oh, and the reason I started this post was to let you know that I just made my first donation to Amazima Ministries! If you read my post "Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is" you know that I'm not eating out and instead I'm keeping a running total of how much money I spend on restaurant food and instead donating it to missions in Africa. I'm really excited and baffled that in the month of February I would have spent $60 on eating out! It's been really hard, Chick Fil A is constantly calling my name. I went out with Hannah's basketball team after a game and while they all devoured Chicken Sandwiches I chewed celery dipped in peanut butter. And, a couple nights ago my siblings and I went to "Victor Tango's" a snazzy, super scrumptious restaurant. I didn't order anything but my siblings were very gracious and let me try their food. It would have been GREAT to have ordered my own lobster mac and cheese but instead I wrote down $15 in my notebook and added it to the donation. Well, thanks for reading! Please keep me in your prayers, I have a busy next few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment