Monday, April 7, 2014

I'm moving to South America!

“You have one life. Live it with passion.” 
           Stephan Weiss 


Life with Jesus truly is the ultimate adventure. 
He plants big dreams in our hearts and then weaves them into even bigger realties. 
Amazon River 

 Since I was a child I've wanted to see the Amazon but God took my dreams even further by fashioning a way for me to LIVE on the Amazon. Allowing me to truly experience the beauty, hardships, adventure, authenticity, danger and mysteries that this part of His creation holds. To learn more about the character of God as expressed and represented through these jungle and village people. To taste a small bit of the timelessness that awaits in heaven. For Jesus to take to me deeper than my feet could ever wander. To learn to really trust that He not only calls me to walk upon the water-but He also holds my hand through the journey. Steadying me when the waves crash and whispering to me in the stillness.  

A couple weeks ago I found out that I was assigned to a teaching job in South America! It’s a position in a small town on the Amazon River called Leticia. It’s so deep south in Colombia that you can see into both Brazil and Peru. There are two families living there and I’m going to have the beautiful privilege to homeschool one of the family’s children! My parents homeschooled all of us and it is the best thing they ever did for me. Because of homeschooling I am incredibly close to my parents and siblings. I can relate to people of all ages and backgrounds. It fostered within me a deep love for learning, travel, reading and exploring. The Lord used homeschooling to greatly shape who I am so I’m so grateful to be able to impact these kids with a gift that blessed me so deeply. Jesus is really detailed so He also included two of my other passions into this job. There is a local orphanage that I can become involved in-loving on precious, precious children delights my heart to the point of being overwhelmed. Especially kids who are lost, hurting or feel forgotten. Reaching out to orphans with love is a tangible picture of how God reaches out and welcomes people with open and wanting arms. There are also jungle villages filled with women and girls who are discouraged, in need of kindness. 
Every day I’m awed that God called me to love His people in His exotic, beautiful Amazon jungle. His plans ALWAYS trump my plans. 

Please pray that the Lord keeps my eyes, ears and heart open so I don't miss a moment of enjoying the delights He has in store for me. That He strengthens me to say goodbye, enables me to say hello, fights for me against loneliness and  encourages me through solitude with His companionship
That I live and breathe to proclaim His Gospel of truth, hope, power and grace. 



The Amazon River is habited by PINK dolphins.
Let the beauty of that sink in.
!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment