Monday, March 25, 2013

Faithful God: Answered Prayers


How marvelous is it that God uses you and me as tools to carry out His awesome plans?
 I just got done skyping my mom and she told me a BEAUTIFUL story about how the Lord blessed her and Hannah while they were eating at Chick Fil A. 
           
First off, My mom, sisters and I love people watching! So, Mom and Hannah were enjoying observing the crowd while they munched on their chicken and waffle fries. They couldn't take their eyes off a precious, very young couple and their five kids. Mom said this couple looked so young that she couldn't believe they had one child, let alone 5! All 5 kids sat in the booth, very patiently while they waited for their food. Mom, said they never got up, ran around, talked loudly or complained about the wait. When the dad finally went up to pick up their order, an elderly woman was also at the bar trying to get a refill. The dad told the Chick Fil A worker to go take care of the elderly woman before he served them their food. How selfless! As the man made the way back to his table with a tray full of 5 kids meals, Mom and Hannah began observing the rest of the customers.
         In direct and tragic contrast to the sweet family of seven was the spoiled child one booth over. Mom said it was taking three adults to contain this one, little girl who kept demanding "I want ice cream. I want to go to the playground. Where's the Cow? I want to see the cow." Her demands kept growing, I laughed out loud when Mom said her shirt said "Princess in Training." How suiting. 

Mom and Hannah's attention was drawn back to the well behaved family of 7 as the Dad began passing out the Kids Meal. The children sat bright eyed and excited but did not make a move to open their bags, instead they bowed their heads as the father prayed a beautiful prayer, thanking Jesus for the meal. Mom said you could hear him saying "In Jesus name" all through the restaurant. 
      Mom and Hannah were so impressed with this family, as they ate they were discussing if they should say something to them or not. They decided that they wanted too so on their way out they approached and Mom told them how refreshing it was to see such well behaved children and how she loved hearing him pray such a beautiful prayer. She discretely placed a folded up bill next to the father, saying "Maybe you can buy something for your kids." He looked up at her with moist eyes and said "thank you." Mom said she was a little surprised because the way he said it almost seemed like he had been expecting it, like he had been waiting on a blessing. 
             As they walked out Hannah asked if Mom gave them some money, mom said yes, that she didn't want it to be obvious but that she had. Hannah looked at mom and said "Did you notice the parents didn't have any food? Only the kids had meals." Mom and Hannah instantly felt so moved. We don't know if that man had been praying for the Lord to make a way for him and his wife to have the treat of Chick Fil A but I think was. I think he had been praying that the Lord would make a way even where there seemed to be no way. What faith! I'm so thankful that I serve a God who cares about the little things. God is so big, He can cure a cold just as easily as He can cancer. This man and his sweet family were a big reminder to me. A reminder to bring all my worries and concerns to the Lord. God cares about me and He cares about what's going on in my life! How awesome is that?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment