Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Life in Mexico!!

This is home for the next four months:
San Cristobal, Mexico! 

I have the rich, incredible and beautiful blessing of living with a host home 
that only speaks Spanish. This gives me the best opportunity to 
practice Spanish, learn Mexican culture, share laughs and eat delicious comida!


Bean sprouts, avocado, raw radishes, beans and chicken for a yummy lunch! 
We eat breakfast at 8 am, a big lunch at 2:40 pm and dinner at 8:30 pm. 

My beautiful room! 
I'm living in a mountain town at 7,500 feet elevation. 
My Texas blood is slowly getting adjusted 
to the super cold nights of 30 degrees!! 
Thankfully Amanda made sure I brought plenty of warm socks 
so my toes aren't blocks of ice!


I love the market! It's buzzing with life. 
Fresh flowers, 
fruits, herbs and SO many people! 

To destress after a full day of language school 
I tried spicy hot chocolate with chili peppers (LOVED)
while coloring a picture of Dora the Explorer. 


Aj & Mal are a married couple I'm good friends with that also live here.
Aj joined a league soccer team. Mal and I are really excited to 
build relationships with the other families who come to watch the games!

Standing in front of language school, 
SO grateful to be in 
a warm coat and scarf 
on a frigidly cold day! 
Thanks Mom for insisting & persisting that I bring a 'real' jacket :) 

 
One of the most popular streets in town on a 
super breathtakingly gorgeous day and a blustery rainy day! 

Mal and I on that street at night! 


I'm also making some feathered friends along the way! 

The blessed promise that keeps a smile on my face either rain or shine: 

"Fear not for I am with you. 
I have called you by name. 
You are mine." 
Isaiah 43:1 

Thanks for keeping up with my adventures! 
xoxo, 
Becca 





No comments:

Post a Comment