Monday, March 25, 2013

Pride and Conviction


Beautiful poster given to me by my lifelong friend, Mackenzie.     




 The past six months the Lord has pointed out an area of my life that I have been disobedient in. I have tried every way in the world to skirt around the issue and justify my lack of action. But, today God used a talk with my friend, Kerry to really get my attention. 
   
   I grew up in a Christian home, with incredible parents who daily exemplified what a personal walk with Christ looks like. When I was 7 years old I prayed a prayer of salvation and asked Jesus ‘to come into my heart.’ In the years that followed I was very active in church, missions, and  had a love for the Lord. But, I don't think I had fully placed my faith in Christ alone. I had a really tough freshmen year of high school, I went through some depression and it was a dark time for me. Looking back, I'm so thankful for that valley because through it I realized that I didn't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I started having a beautiful quiet time every single day, without fail. It was during those sweet moments of praise and worship that I truly came to know and fall in love with my Lord and Savior. One day after church I came in my room and got on my knees before God and praised Him for dying for my sins, I had a long time of confession and pleading for help in living a repentant life. Since that day I've been different, all the years before I had been lost and trapped in my sin but now I know that I'm justified and redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ! 
  
  Recently, the Lord has been convicting me on being baptized. And, every time I hear Him telling me I need to be baptized I brush it off and say "I can't get baptized, what will people think? Everyone knows I got baptized when I was a kid. I don't need to do it again." I was talking to Kerry about it today and she doesn't mince words she was so honest and called me out for my sin and told me I was being prideful. (Side note: I love Kerry! She is such a blessing!) She said "It might not make sense to some people, but it also didn't make sense to the world when Noah built the ark!" 
  
 So, I'm very excited to say that after five glorious years of living in freedom through Jesus Christ I'm going to make plans to get baptized! 


"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; 
the old has gone and the new has come!" 
2 Corinthians 5:17

Picture taken when I was baptized at seven years old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment