Monday, March 25, 2013

Day two of prison ministry!


    Today was a wonderfully blessed day! When we walked into the pod, called the 'God Pod' since all the women are believers, the ladies greeted us with a song! It goes "I woke up this morning with my heart, with my heart, set on Jesus. The devil don't like, don't like, when my heart is set on Jesus." It is such a beautiful song, especially when the precious voices of 52 women are singing it with all of their heart. 
      We started the morning off by reading from Ephesians 6 and discussing the armor of God, spiritual warfare and ways the devil tries to throw fiery darts at us. After a beautiful Bible study (where I learned a lot!) I gave my testimony and then asked if any of the women would be willing to share theirs with us. It was so tragic to hear the terrible things done to these women at such young ages. Everyone who gave their testimony was molested as a childIt was heartbreaking
But, what a testimony to our glorious God though to hear how He used the horrendous things done to these women to bring them to Him and how His love healed their hurt and washed away their shame
       I particularly was blessed by talking to one woman who told me that she is thankful for her time spent in jail because since being here she has came to faith in Christ. She just finished a 12 week Bible study on prayer and is about to start a Beth Moore study on the book of Daniel. She said that her family has noticed a change in her and it's opening up opportunities to share Christ! Her story is similar to what others told me.What a praise that although they are in jail they are rejoicing that God used their time there to reveal Himself to them. The afternoon seemed to fly by and Katie and I had a hard time saying goodbye to all of our sisters in Christ! I look forward to the day when we will be reunited in Heaven, forever praising God for His great love and that He sought us when we were lost!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment